Healthcare IT solutions in Florida
The Digital HIE team has rich experience in understanding your business needs and guiding you in the right direction regarding your Information Technology needs. It’s the minds who bring your product and services to life. Our team can bring the experience using reliable IT Tools and support to make your business successful. Digital HIE has been on a mission to change the face of IT by being a true, trusted partner for growing businesses. We do this by providing a blend of on-site, offshore, and remote-managed IT Services that put all of your IT needs under one umbrella. We protect you from IT challenges on a daily basis.
How Information Technology Enhances the Quality of Healthcare
The role of IT in healthcare has been proven to considerably improve the quality of care that patients receive. Furthermore, Health Affairs (healthaffairs.org) reported that clinical errors in the health industry are responsible for an estimated 44,000 deaths in the U.S. each year. This includes generating errors that result in the failure of providing patients with the treatments their doctors recommend. Fortunately, with the technology systems, including electronic health records and computerized orders for physician-recommended treatments. The role of IT in healthcare systems allows for easier access to explicit care guidelines. Moreover, this prevents processing errors. Therefore, improving the quality of care.
Information technology improves more than just patient records. Also, the role of IT in healthcare enhances nursing care. A new health-related discipline – nursing informatics
- has become prevalent in the healthcare industry. This discipline joins together nursing with information technology management and nursing. In order to provide customized care for individual patients. As predicted by South University, a survey was conducted by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. It reported that the use of information technology enables nurses to identify medical As well as reduces the time it takes to document patient care. Therefore, allows nursing professionals to spend more time focusing on the care they provide. Hence, that care is more effective.
Benefits of Healthcare Information Technology
The use of information technology in healthcare offers a lot of benefits. Examples of these benefits include:
- More accurate data
- Personalized care for patients
- Enhanced communication between healthcare providers and patients
- Improved medication management
- Easy access for patients to medical records
These are just some of the ways in which information technology has improved healthcare. As well as enhanced the care that medical professionals offer and patients receive.